W.C. Lacy Distinguished Lecture
The Lacy Lecture series is in tribute to Willard C. Lacy, the
first head of the combined department of mining and geological
- 2006: Leigh Clifford, CEO, Rio Tinto
- 2007: James R. Moffett, Chairman, Freeport-McMoRan
- 2008: James Baker, Vice President, Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Newmont Mining
- 2009: Geoff Loudin, Chairman, Nautilus Minerals
- 2010: Gregory H. Boyce, Chairman and CEO, Peabody Energy
- 2011: J. David Lowell, President and CEO, CIC Resources Inc.
- 2012: Ross R. Bhappu, PhD, Chair, Molycorp Inc. and Partner, Resource Capital Funds
- 2013: Douglas B. Silver, Board Chair, Lowell Institute for Mineral Resources
- 2014: Charles Jeannes, President and CEO, GoldCorp
- 2015: William Wilkinson, Vice President of Exploration in Africa, Freeport-McMoRan
- 2016: Lukas H. Lundin, Principal, Lundin Group of Companies
Distinguished Alumni Lectures
Prior to 2006 we sponsored a distinguished alumni lecture series:
- 2002: "The Iron and Steel Business"
Thomas J. O'Neil, President and Chief Operating Officer, Cleveland-Cliffs Mining, UA MNE PhD
- 2003: "Sustainable Development and the Gold Business"
Jack E. Thompson Jr., CEO Homestake Mining, UA MNE
- 2004: "The Copper Business"
Dennis M. Bartlett, Senior Vice President Development, Phelps Dodge, UA MNE
- 2005: "The Future of Coal and Clean Energy Technology"
Gregory H. Boyce, CEO, Peabody Energy, UA MNE